Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Butterflies & Bumble Bees

Today I worked and over all it was a great day. I was fortunate enough to have really great patients and patients that made my job easy and enjoyable. One of my co-workers had it a little bit different. Can't really go into detail but our secretary noticed that this nurse was a little stressed...which I would've been to if I had to deal with what she was dealing with...and told us that anytime we are stressed or need to count to 10 we should take a deep breath and as we are doing it say "butterflies in" and then exhale and say "bumble bees out." I thought that was so cute. Just that visual of that is calming and makes me smile. The best part was that our manager was standing there listening to this conversation and had this nurse do it with her and was doing the hand motions that go with taking a deep breath and saying, "butterflies in" and exhaling "bumble bees out." It was so funny! It might not have actually de-stressed this nurse, but it sure gave her a good laugh! So the next time you are stressed or need to count to 10 because you might feel like killing someone think of this...


Inhale and say, "BUTTERFLIES IN..."

Exhale and say, "Bumble Bees Out!!"



4 comments:

  1. What a great idea - I'll have to remember that!
    KH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea -- and I love those pictures of the butterflies and bumble bee. I'll try it tomorrow when I'm driving (my worst time of stress). Here's hoping it works!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I like the new green background - forgot to mention that earlier.
    KH

    ReplyDelete