Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mud Boots & Rainy Days

Let me start with telling you that Morgan is sitting right next to me laughing at me that I am blogging about this. I told him, "Everyone else blogs about random stuff, why can't I?" So here it goes...

So as we all know, it has been "rainy days" these past few days. I know many are getting sick of it, my husband included, but I LOVE it!!! I love it for several reasons, getting to take naps and not feel guilty about it, staying in all day and doing nothing and not feeling guilty about it, cuddling up under the covers and watching a movie, etc. but most of all I love it because it means I get Morgan all to myself because it's too wet to do hay and luckily this was his weekend NOT to work!! WOOHOO!

So yesterday morning I drug myself out of bed. Yes, it sucked because getting up at 0445 on any Saturday morning when you know everyone else is sleeping in doesn't tend to make me "smile." It's even worse when it's a rainy Saturday morning. Thankfully, I got off work around noon. Our nephew, Davin, was supposed to have a football game the other night but it got rained out and moved to Saturday afternoon. So Morgan waited for me to get home and we went a little late...which I didn't complain too much about because it was rainy. So we pull up to the football field where there is NO parking!! We had to park right up next to the school buses where it was sooooooooooooo muddy!!!! Thank goodness Morgan has a 4x4 truck or I am pretty sure we would STILL be sitting there today. It was a big ole muddy mess. As we were walking up to the game, walking through huge mud holes and me only wearing tennis shoes I say to Morgan, "Remember ALL of those times I wanted to buy me some Mud Boots but you said, 'You don't need those! You will never wear them,' and I put them back on the shelf, THANKS BUDDY!" He started laughing. I, however, was not laughing as I was stomping through the mud!! Let me rewind, Morgan and I sometimes go to Tractor Supply for random things and they have always had these really cute mud boots. On several occasions I have wanted to buy me some and Morgan would never let me. Not that he wouldn't, but when he said I didn't need them, I thought maybe he was right so I would put them back. Then one day at Target they had some really cute green mud boots and once again I wanted to buy them, but Morgan said I didn't need them. So as I am stomping through the mud and get to the stands where the rest of our family is sitting, what do I see? MY SISTER IN LAW WITH HER REALLY CUTE, PINK-STRIPED, MUD BOOTS ON!!!! Gurrrr....so after the game we went straight to Tractor Supply to buy me some Mud Boots. I really wanted the solid pink boots but they had some funky strap on them so these are the Mud Boots I decided to buy...FINALLY...



I love my new navy blue Mud Boots!!! Then while we were walking around I saw these gloves that I just had to have...

There is no way Morgan could say "No" to these because after all, they are John Deere!! :)

After we got home we cuddled all afternoon, I took a two hour nap which really worried Morgan because I NEVER take a 2 hour nap. Then we went to dinner, came home and watched BABY MAMA! Let's say Morgan watched it. I fell asleep half way through despite Morgan trying to keep me awake by shaking me and yelling at me, "Stay Awake!" I guess he finally gave up because I crashed! He won't tell me how the movie ended. He says I have to watch it for myself since I fell asleep on him. LOL!

So while all of you are hating these rainy days, I am LOVING it because I finally get more "Morgan" time and I finally got my Mud Boots!!!


1 comment:

  1. I have always loved rainy days, too, especially cold and rainy days! Glad you enjoyed your "Morgan time!" Mom

    ReplyDelete