Sunday, September 6, 2009

Forty-One

The number 41 might mean different things to different people today. For instance, someone might be turning 41 today, another person might have 41 days left until vacation, another person might have 41 days until their loved one returns home. But, 41 today represents the number of years my parents have been married. :) I had to email my dad and ask him the number of years and he replied with, "41 short years." I just thought that was so sweet. He then told me that I would be 71 by the time Morgan and I have been married 41 years. That just seems like forever away for me. My parents, to me, represent everything a loving, happy, Christian marriage should be. Don't get me wrong, I know they have had their not so good days, especially with raising me and my brother. I remember one day my parents were having an argument (please mom and dad don't get upset for me telling this to the world...) and they weren't raising their voices or anything, but I could tell something was not right between them. I am guessing I was around 8 years old. I was so scared and afraid they were going to get a divorce. I was asking my mom if they were getting a divorce and she said, "No, we will NEVER get a divorce!" I still remember that to this day. I think that situation taught me you can have arguments, disagreements, fights with your spouse, but that doesn't mean either of you are walking away. My parents still have that happy marriage that you rarely see these days. When my dad comes home from work or before he leaves, he walks over and kisses my mom either "hello" or "good-bye." They are the best example I could ever have on how to live 41 happy years with Morgan. Thank you mom and dad for being such a strong couple and always being there for Brian and Me. Since Morgan and I got engaged on y'alls anniversary...even though Morgan had no clue that he was dropping down on one knee on y'alls anniversary...we have nothing but hope we will make it to 41 years together!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY...41 YEARS AND COUNTING...STILL GOING STRONG!! LOVE YOU BOTH WITH ALL OF MY HEART!!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Laura. That is the sweetest anniversary message ever! We love you too and wish you and Morgan many, many happy years together. (You failed to mention that I was really, really young when I got married!) Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's wishing Gary and Karen another
    40-onederful years together!
    KH

    ReplyDelete