Thursday, August 27, 2009

New!! Car!! Very!! Excited!!

Let me preface this with saying I am not bragging. I am just super excited and want to share my good news with the people I love...

For a while now I have been contemplating buying a car. As much as I love my Toyota 4 Runner, the gas mileage is not so great. I knew SUVs were known for having bad gas mileage but when I bought it, I bought it because I my Passat had gotten into some high water, messed up the engine, and so I was frustrated and wanted a vehicle higher off the ground. Well now I am tired of filling up my gas tank all the time and paying so much money for gas. Yes, we do plan on having children so when I went shopping for a new car that was one of my questions...can a car seat fit in the backseat easily without moving the seats up.

So yesterday I drove down to Fort Worth to pick up Lillie Bear. She's been in "dog heaven" with my parents for the past couple of weeks and it was time for her to come home. I got down there really early so I decided to go look at all the car lots off of 820/30. For a while now I have seen the Honda Accords and have just loved them. When I first saw one I thought it was a BMW. I couldn't believe it was a Honda Accord. So I stopped in and immediately told the guy I wasn't going to buy a car but that I wanted to see if a Honda Accord was even the size of car I would like to drive. I was honestly wanting to just sit in the car so I could be like, "Yep, that's what I thought, this car is too small." Then I would be finished day dreaming about it and just go on with my life. WELL...I sat in the car (front, back, all 4 spots) and this car is extremely roomy!!! Then I was thinking, "Well, the trunk is probably small so that will be a deal breaker." The salesman, David, opened the trunk and WOW...I swear it has the same amount of space as my 4 Runner. So, heck! What was my argument now for NOT buying this car? I didn't have one. On top of that, it gets 30mpg highway compared to my 21mpg highway on my 4 Runner. It also has a 6 disc CD player...woohoo!!! The thing it has the most that I absolutely love...A SUNROOF!!! Most of my cars have always had one but when I bought my 4 Runner I thought I wouldn't miss it. Boy was I wrong. All my friends cars that I get into they all have sunroofs and I open every one of them!!! :)

Now came time to see if I could even afford this car. I told David that he shouldn't even bother running numbers because I obviously still owe on my 4 Runner and payments would be too much. He said, "well if you have great credit, let's just run the numbers, it won't hurt and see where we are at." I had no hopes at all of getting this car so I was just chilling out waiting to see what they would say. Well what do you know, my payments would actually be $30 cheaper a month. So then I said, "Well, my husband has to say it's okay and he is against me getting a car." They insisted that I drive it home (way far away from the dealership) and have him drive it and see how he likes it. So as I am driving off in this nice car that I am falling in love with by the second I call Morgan and tell him what's going on expecting for him to get mad. He didn't!!! He comes home, test drives it, I educate him on how it's going to save us tons of money in gas, the safety issues, etc. and he says, "Sweetie, if you want this car you can have it!" I almost fell over. Never expected him to say that because he has always told me, "YOU WILL NEVER DRIVE A CAR!!!"

So last night I went to bed and prayed about it. I prayed that I would have a clear view on if I should buy this car or not. Before I went to bed I read about 50 reviews of this car and 99% were great!! I couldn't go to sleep so about 0130 I finally got up and made a list of all my questions for David about the car. I then was able to fall asleep...

So today when I took the car back I was still undecided. I wanted to drive my 4 Runner again because I wasn't used to driving so low in the Honda. I got back in my 4 Runner and felt so weird. I felt like I was mammoth woman and I realized then I was much more comfy in the Honda and it was much smoother. So Honda Accord was my decision and David answered all of my questions! This entire process went so smooth and so quick!!

I know by this point you are thinking your evening will not be complete unless you see my new car...especially since you just read this looong, boring story of how I came to drive my new car so here are two pictures...

The front of the car...obviously, ha...they put the visor on the sunroof for free today after I sweet talked them into doing it. hehe!!

Here's the side view...highly recommend this car if anyone is thinking of buying one!!!! Of course, I have only owned it for a total of 4 hours now. But I am sure my opinion will still be the same in a couple of years from now!! Oh, and it's black on black. About everyone that sees it has a first reaction of, "wow, it's pretty." Then the second reaction, "Black? With Lillie?" Yes I say!! Let's just say I will be living with a lint roller brush in my car from here on out!
So all in all, I am so thankful that God has blessed Morgan and myself with this new car and he gave me the clear vision that yes, this was the car for me compared to my 4 Runner!!

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure Dad and I can't take your new car on vacation later this month???!!!

    ReplyDelete