Monday, August 17, 2009

BABIES!!!!!

My two friends that I have known the looongest in my life delivered their baby boys a day apart back in July! WOW! This would be Holli and Stacey. Stacey was in our wedding and Holli was my Matron of Honor. Originally Stacey was scheduled to deliver the same day as Holli, but they moved her up a day earlier. How cool would that have been if they delivered on the same day?!? Anyway, sweet Stacey delivered where I work and thank God (literally), I was there that day!!! Now I must say, most of the time my job becomes a repetitive thing...get up, go to work, help moms recover and teach them about "baby" things, etc. I would never say it's boring. We are so busy and it's fun! It's just usually the same thing, to a point because after all, every patient is different. But when Stacey was there that day it was so exciting. We have a monitor up stairs on our floor (L&D is right below us) and we can watch the women progress. Now I will be honest, in the year and a half I have worked there, I barely even glanced at the monitor. With Stacey there delivering, I couldn't take my eyes off of it and towards the end all of us nurses were gathered around it like we were watching a movie or something. It was so neat to see when she was pushing!! I felt like I was down stairs with her, even though I wasn't. I went to lunch with Stacey and Cole last week and I snapped this picture of them. Aren't they precious? I think so!!!

Then the next day, I went to see Holli and Wyatt. I didn't get a picture of Wyatt. I guess because I was too busy holding him. :) He's such a sweet boy!! I did get a picture of Tatum. She's such a sweet girl. She was our flower girl and did a PERFECT job!! Tatum is such a great big sister! She has her own baby doll that she feeds and has Holli help change her diaper. It's the sweetest thing. I asked Tatum if her baby doll had a name and she said, "No." I told her she should name it "Laura." HaHa!! We were sitting on the couch together and she just turned her head to look at me and gave me this sweet little smile. She was probably really thinking, "Yeah, right!" :) Then later this girl name, Isabella, came on TV so I told her she could name the baby doll, "Isabella." Actually, Tatum will probably continue to call her baby doll, "Him, " even though it's a girl. I just LOVE kids!!!! Anyway, so here's a picture of Tatum...the sweetest little girl on earth!



No comments:

Post a Comment