Thursday, May 5, 2011

Three Years!

How has it already been 3 years since I married this cutie pie??? I still remember that day so clear! Best day of my life!! We still have people tell us how fun our wedding was...STILL! I have to admit...and brag...it was a blast!! I mean, when you're partying so much and you basically only remember to cut the wedding cake because your father reminds you as you're passing him in a Congo line...that's a party! :-)

This year we really didn't have any plans to celebrate our anniversary like we have the past two years. Mainly because his work got in the way. I had a friend at work tell me about the Hilton on Lake Ray Hubbard. About how it had little shops and restaurants within walking distance, has a light house, and just how "cool" it was. Boy was she right...especially about the COOL part. It was more like freezing to me. IN MAY! CRAZY!!! The picture above was taken outside at the Hilton down by the lake when it was 48 degrees. It was a really nice hotel and nice area in general. It's in Rockwall right off I30. I'd recommend it to anyone for a little one night getaway...just go when it's warmer so you can thoroughly enjoy yourselves! They also have a really nice pool, but no way were we getting in it!

The next morning we got up, ate a really nice breakfast and then headed to the Dallas Arboretum. I've been wanting to go for EVER and since my aunt has a free year pass, we got to go for free. :) I have to admit, the day before when it was dreary and raining ALL.DAY. I might have had a little break down. I was really sad. But, Morgan assured me that the weather was supposed to be really nice the next day and it really didn't matter as long as we were spending time together. Boy was he right! The weather was GORGEOUS! Couldn't have asked for nicer weather. Made for a perfect day at the Arboretum. After that, we drove downtown and had lunch at Old Spaghetti Warehouse. My favorite restaurant as a child. Then we went to the Dallas Aquarium because he had never been. I had been once, but they redid it and it was so nice! That boy has some EYES! He always tells me this, but he seriously does. He can spot things so fast! You know those little windows with small little reptiles they want you to find but they are hiding...well he finds them in 2 seconds! It's a really neat place to go, especially if you have kids.

After that, Morgan wanted to go to the Dallas Zoo, but I wasn't up for it. Mainly because I've been and it isn't that nice. Especially when I am used to the Fort Worth Zoo. So we came home and I took a nap. We were going to ask one of my best friends and her husband if they wanted to go to dinner, but for some reason we thought Grandy's was a better choice. LOL! Mainly because I was too tired to get back out and drive to town.

So that's how we celebrated our 3 year mark! Wow! Time is just a flying by!!! Can't believe it's already been 3 years...before I know it we will be at the 30 mark! It's true, the older you get the faster time flies
by! Slowwwwww Downnnnnn!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! 3 years already! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! You guys were right there by Brandon and Ashlie. They are just minutes from the Hilton we eat in that little area every time I am home. I think Brooke is going to have her wedding in the Marina there some time this year.

    ReplyDelete