Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day! Today was a great day! Above is me with my little bundle of Joy, aka Lillie Bear! I was kind of nervous of today. I've been a big ball of tears the past two days...for several reasons that I won't get into. There are days that I want kids so bad my heart hurts, my arms ache to hold the babies that I believe are yet to come. Then there are days where I am so thankful to only have to care for myself. It's really an emotional roller coaster and I am so thankful to have friends that don't say, "YOU will get through this," but they say, "WE will get through this!!" I seriously have the BEST friends I could ever ask for. One of my friends told me the other day that she can't wait for the day where she and I can hold my babies and we can cry together just thinking of everything I've gone through to get those babies. Just typing that made me tear up. I can just imagine that day and what a great day that will be!! Sometimes I hope it's sooner than later, but ultimately I'm just waiting on God's timing!! The Boss is in charge, thankfully!!
But today I got to hang out with my parents. Had some good Taco Soup, delicious cornbread, and one of my favorite cakes for dessert. We then watched the Mavericks vs Lakers Basketball game. 4-0...we will take it!! The unspeakable-disgusting behavior from the Lakers...not so much! Craziness! I mean, grown men acting like fools. Glad the Mavericks didn't stoop to their level. My mom is a Maverick fanatic!! So it was fun to watch the game with her. I'm so happy that I still have her to celebrate on Mother's Day. I have several friends who have lost their moms, including my mom who lost hers a year before I was born, and I can't imagine how difficult this day would be for me if she wasn't here. She's my ultimate best friend and I am so blessed to call her, "Mom!"


1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura. Thanks for finding me on facebook. Maybe it was for a reason. I have been reading through your fun blog and found this special post. Sounds like you are waiting for your precious miracle. Glad to see you are still a nurse! I have been doing surgery and infertilty nursing for the past ten years. I would love to get in touch!

    ReplyDelete