Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fun in the Sun!!

This weekend ended up with me getting lots of pool side fun and sun! Sunday we went over to my brother in law's house where they have a pool. We grilled out and had fun swimming. You might remember me posting pics last year of my husband sliding down a slide, etc. We had lots of fun, especially the boys...Morgan, Matt (Morgan's brother), and Davin (our nephew). It got to the point where we had to tell them that if they couldn't play nice, well then one of them would have to get out of the pool. It's so interesting to me how you can throw 3 boys, yes boys, into a pool and it turns into them trying to pull each other's pants off, ganging up on each other, tearing goggles off each other's face, holding the blow tube while the other is trying to swim and breathe under water, etc. But if you threw 3 ladies, yes ladies, in a pool, you would see NONE of that. You would probably see us gathered in a little circle chatting. None of that other non sense going on! It's truly amazing to me that we can co-exist with these animals in this world!! ;) They also decided that they would practice fishing in the pool. Like my friend said, "You might be a Redneck if..."


I also got to go see some people I haven't seen in FOREVER!!! My longest friend-Holli-I have known for 29 years. Her parents and my parents were super close when we were growing up so her parents are like my second set of parents. I feel so comfortable around them. Even though I hadn't been down to their house in over 3 years, there was that instant comfort level there when I walked in...like I am walking into my own parents home. They live in Granbury and really have an amazing home and "set up" out there. It's like a mini resort...seriously!!! Pool, pool cabana with a swinging bed, etc. I love it out there! So relaxing!!! Holli's little girl, Tatum...



is my little buddy! Love her to pieces!! I swear Holli must always talk to her about me, or something, because every time she sees me it's like she just saw me yesterday. Instantly running up to me giving me a hug. I love it! She stuck by my side ALL DAY yesterday!!! I was her little playmate in the pool for probably at least 4 hours and she was my little "5 yo workout!!" I loved every second of it though, all though my arms are a little sore today. It was fun!! The sweetest moment to me was when we were about to pray before we ate dinner and she ran around the little island and grabbed my hand. Ahhh, just melted my heart! My second favorite moment of the day involves Wyatt. Wyatt is Holli's little boy who will be 2 yo in July. He's got the same blond hair as Tatum and is just so stinkin' cute!! Well, basically he wants nothing to do with me so I just don't even try to play with him. He will look at me from across the table and smile, but that's about it. He did come and sit by me on the floor, but I didn't dare try and love on him. Well right when I was about to leave Tatum gave me a big hug bye and then all of the sudden Wyatt ran around to me and said, "Bye!" Which surprised us all! I asked him if I could give him a hug and he ran up to me and let me hug him. Ahhhh, these really are the sweetest kids! Holli said I better take that hug because it rarely happens. I felt so special. :) I was sad that Morgan had to work and couldn't go with me. I really want him to get to know these people because they are just good-solid-fun-Christian people! We are planning on going out on the 4th of July and I can hardly wait!!




No comments:

Post a Comment