Wednesday, May 11, 2011

CCD-Wine Glasses!













(Ughhhhh! This picture is pure motivation to lose weight!!! Why is it I can look "okay" in one picture and "not okay" in the next?? Happiness has made me fat...well I'm going to look at this picture every time I don't want to go to the gym for pure motivation! Plus, I'm standing next to the skinniest person there. I need to remember not to do that again!!!)



Today was a little stressful for us all at Craft Craze Day! All though we still had fun. Three of the five of us are big wine drinkers. Savita and I like wine, but don't drink it quite so often as the other girls. No, the other girls are not lushes or anything, just saying they know more about wine than the two of us. Anyway, it turned out to be a little more difficult than we thought it would be. Savita had bought stencils for us to use...and we failed miserably at using them. Want to know what we ultimately used to design our wine glasses besides a paint brush? Savita's children's pencil erasers. I knew I wanted to design mine with flowers all along so I made little flowers. The other girls were smart and quick to catch on as to how easy and cute my glass was, so they also made flowers. Even though we all used the same idea, they all look so different and so adorable! I just love our wine glasses!! Nina...as always...whipped out 3 wine glasses before most of us were starting our second one. I mean, I don't know how the girl does it! It's truly amazing. One second I look over and her glass is empty, the next it's got a gorgeous design on it! Truly impressive!


Another perk to CCD...besides the pure enjoyment & laughter that comes with being around these 4 girls, is the drinks and food!! These girls can cook! Lydia brought an alcoholic beverage called "Pink Bikinis" that had us all dreaming of laying on a beach. BUT, Savita's gorgeous pool should be done this weekend so we all see many of summer days with us lounging around her pool with a Pink Bikini in our hand! :-) The kind you drink, of course!! Not the kind you wear! Savita had fruit with a really good fruit dip. Nina had brought a dip and wanted to use us as "Ginny pigs." Thank goodness she did because it was so delicious!! Couldn't really tell you what was in it right now, but it was amazing! I brought stuff to make these sandwiches my mom makes called Brittany Sandwiches. You take a croissant, a medium cut piece of ham, a tablespoon of applesauce, and Swiss cheese. Put them together and then bake for 15 minutes!! So easy and very yummy!!


Anyway, even though it was stressful, it was also lots of fun!! We poke fun at each other and laugh a lot! I've been meaning to write a disclaimer for my previous post about the no kid thing. I just want y'all to know that I am really okay! I went to lunch with one of my best friend's, Stacey, a couple of days ago and I told her that if our biggest concern is having kids, then we are doing good! I feel like I have a full life just as it is and a child would just be an added bonus. I see so many people that have their families (husband & kids), but yet have no life. They have no friends. They go no where. They do nothing. That is not the life for me at all! I absolutely love my freedom and friends! I love how I can just go to the movies whenever I want with whomever I want. I can have my girlfriend lunches all the time. Workout with my best friend. Morgan and I can have a date night every night if we wanted to. My life is really great!!! So please don't feel bad for me at all!! I'm just so thankful to have some really great friends in my life that let me love on their children like they are my own! God has blessed me in soooo many other ways!!

No comments:

Post a Comment