Saturday, May 14, 2011

Nice Surprise!

Today was one big nice surprise, for the most part. Today I got off work early. Might I add it's a gorgeous Saturday to get off work early?? We had tons of discharges which left us with only three patients. So we transferred them to the other unit and close our side. :) This made me happy because I wanted to go to my mother in law's jewelry party she was having this afternoon. I swear, I can have a multitude of days off and not one thing planned. No invites to anywhere. But schedule myself to work an entire weekend and BAM, get invited to three different things. Really sucks at times! Anyway, I got to go over to my mother in law's where I ran into one of my favorite cousins, Brooke. Didn't know she was going to be there.

How cute is she?? Oh I just loooove that belly of hers. I couldn't stop touching it. Plus, Rhyder was moving around so I got to feel him. So neat!! I'm so excited that she lives only a few miles from me now so I hope I will get to see more of her and that sweet baby boy.

After the jewelery party, Morgan was off work and I have been wanting to go to In-N-Out Burgers up here. Don't ask me why. I have no idea why. I've had them in California and I don't remember them being that special. Kincaid's and Mooyah are both so much better! It will probably be a really long time before we go back, but it was still fun to go.

This was after an hour of waiting in line. It took us a total of one and a half hours to get through this line and receive our cheeseburgers & fries. We realized we could have driven to Fort Worth in this time and had a decent burger. Oh well! It was kind of fun and exciting to see ALL of the people there. Of course they had police directing traffic. Of course we saw a few people try to cut in line, but they were kindly told to GET OUT and GET AT THE END OF THE LINE!!! I'm sure the police officer didn't say it like that, but I would've. ;) I took pictures, but my phone is as slow as molasses tonight so I couldn't upload them. I will say this, you can't beat the price!


Anyway, so what I thought was going to be a day stuck at work for twelve hours...actually turned into me getting to see Brooke & hang out with my husband. Nice Surprise!



No comments:

Post a Comment