Monday, April 18, 2011

Lillie Bear

It was 11:00 pm when this picture was taken last night. Normally she would be out cold, snoring. This puppy dog is a new dog! This puppy dog has lost 6 pounds which has transformed her life!! She can now jump on the couch by herself. She lost the ability to do so when she gained weight. The vet switched her medicines for her skin, which decreased her appetite, which has now given her a new found energy. She is almost like she was when she was a puppy. Except this time when I say, "No!" She stops, she doesn't challenge me like she did when she was in her "teenage" years. She also goes for walks now, against her will. She hates the leash...probably because the only time she goes on the leash is when she goes to the vet. I think now she's starting to get that the leash doesn't always equal a trip to Hell. Tonight when I asked her if she wanted to go for a walk she flew off the couch and when she saw me with the leash in my hands, she was jumping up at me to put it on her. The reality of it all, is that she knows she gets a pupperoni when we are finished. I love seeing her like this. She just seems like she feels so much better!! So I guess you can say all those vet bills to find out what was wrong with her were really worth it after all. :)

2 comments:

  1. Lillie cuddled up with her mama...how sweet!! Love, Grandmom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to find a posting tonight. I go to your blog for a smile. I am so glad Lille is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete