Monday, March 7, 2011

Horse, Cows, & Tractor

This has quickly become one of my favorite views. I've become much more comfortable on a horse. So much so that Morgan is teaching me how to run on Albert. Albert is probably the worse horse to ever have to learn to do this because he's a sloooooow poooooke!! Well, that is, unless you're heading back to the barn. Funny how his "grandpa" walk turns into an actual normal horse strut. Gurrrrr! Morgan always gives me crap-friendly crap-while we are riding saying how slow we are, why is he always in front, why aren't we staying up with him and crazy Flaco??? Listen here Buddy, let's switch horses and see how well you do. Funny how he always gets Flaco and I get slow poke. Anyway, while trying to learn how to run on Albert, Morgan has to keep saying, "Now kick it up a gear!!" Now, most horses you just have to kick them once to walk, twice to gallop, and three times and they are running. Well Albert I kick three times and he's running...maybe a few steps, then he's back down to galloping. So I have to keep kicking him to run, while some how managing to hang on??? It's a work out. Oh, while my sweet husband tells me that I shouldn't be holding on at all, that this is going to cause me to not be able to steer him correctly, he could take a sharp turn on his own free will...and throw me off. Really??? Why do I want to learn how to run on a horse again?? I'm not sure anymore...



When we got back to the barn this was the view we had...hahaha!

You know that song, "She thinks my tractor's sexy..." I can't help but think of that song every time I see Morgan on one of them. As you can tell, this isn't our nice, A/C, radio, sun roof tractor. No clue how old this one is. Can't imagine how they still farm on this thing, but they do sometimes. Anyway, took this picture the other day of him on it and just thought I'd share. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment