Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Breezy Saturday!

This past weekend I thought I was supposed to work. Turns out I got on call on Saturday and I was never scheduled to work on Sunday. I had looked at my schedule wrong. What a nice surprise that was!! Morgan was pretty busy all weekend with plowing the fields. My sister in law, Melissa, knew this and so invited me down to go fishing with her and my nephew. It was such a gorgeous, breezy, relaxing Saturday. This is the pond/tank/lake whatever you would like to call it behind Nannie's house. Even Nannie came out and sat with us to enjoy the gorgeous weather. Matt caught a pretty decent size fish. They caught quite a few, but a turtle bit a hole in the cage and so some fish got away...NO BUENO! Yes, I am extremely blessed to have this as my view anytime I want it to be. After fishing, my father in law invited me to go round up the cows with him. While doing so, I was reflecting back on the first time I did this with Morgan and him...I was so scared! Basically I just hung back on my horse and let them do all the work. I was too scared to get close to the cows. Not this time, I was up there pushing the cows like I knew what I was doing, haha!

My father in law and I riding out to the cows.
I just love this little cow. This is Morgan and a gentleman that always clips with him. I was ready to go home by the time they got to this cow, the last cow for them to clip. Told Morgan I was leaving, but he asked me to stay. Said I'd like the next cow they had to clip. Well sure enough, I did!! I remember this cow when it was a baby and how it had a Heart on it's head. How rare is that?!? I want to keep him since he kind of goes with our last name and all. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment