Saturday, November 7, 2009

*Signs*

Let me start by saying that I am NOT under the influence of anything. I have only had mango passion fruit tea for dinner. By the time you read this blog, you might think differently.

Tonight Morgan and I were going to eat at The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. When we pulled into the parking lot we parked closer to PF Chang's and could tell that The Cheesecake Factory was kind of busy, even though it was only 5:40 pm. We haven't been to PF Chang's in a while and I know how much Morgan loves that place so I asked him if he'd rather go there instead. He said, "Yes." I was kind of sad because I was looking forward to a Chicken Salad Sandwich from The Cheesecake Factory, but I know that we seem to always go where I want to eat so I didn't say anything. When we were seated at dinner there wasn't hardly anyone sitting around us. We preferred a booth, but they were full so we settled in at a table. I believe if we had been seated at a booth, the night would have been different. Sitting at a table you're surrounded by a lot more people, hence the reason why we prefer a booth. As we were eating the restaurant got busier. It quickly seemed to be that we were sitting in the "kids section." We were surrounded by families and their kids. I didn't say anything. I guess I was thinking to myself, "If I don't acknowledge this situation out loud, then it doesn't really exist." Morgan and I had a nice dinner, talking about our first date, what made me know that he was the one, etc. Then he said, "Notice all the kids and families surrounding us? Maybe it's a sign." He then winked at me. Morgan NEVER notices anything like this. Dang it, he said it. He acknowledged it which meant it was real. My response was, "Yes, I noticed. I feel like God is torturing me. Like He's saying 'Look at all these wonderful kids, but you can't have any.' " Yes, as soon as I said it I knew I didn't mean it and I know God isn't like that. Morgan didn't really have much to say to my response. He was probably shocked I would say something like that...as I was kind of surprised at myself, too. Not long after that it was time to open our fortune cookies. Inside I was feeling sad as I was looking at all of the sweet kids seated around us. I said, "What's the point. They don't come true anyway." (You must know, I am not typically negative like this. Just one of those nights.) Morgan opens his fortune cookie first and as he was taking it out of the plastic he said, "Watch it be something about kids." I kind of laughed and said, "That would be funny!" This was his fortune cookie...

It said, "Children." He showed it to me and I ripped it from his hand in disbelief...that's why it's torn. I busted out laughing!!! So much so that those sitting around us turned to look at me. My eyes instantly began to water. Not sure if they were tears of joy, frustration, anger, or amusement. I was laughing so hard!!! I believe that God talks to us if we only listen. I believe that he shows us "signs" throughout our life that He is there for us and is listening to our prayers. I decided in the end to take this fortune as a sign from God that we will some day be one of those couples out to eat surrounded by our little munchkins. I know some of y'all might think I am crazy, but its what gets me through this crazy thing called LIFE!!!


Now onto our sweet Layla Bayla...

I had several people respond to my blog about Layla's new bed that they were worried about it getting wet when it rained since our porch isn't covered. We have been bringing it in when the weather was bad and it always made me feel bad to do this to her. We would have to make Layla get out of her bed and bring it inside. I couldn't do it, I made Morgan do it. So a couple of weeks ago I was on a mission to buy Layla something we could put the bed in to keep it covered. We went to Pets Mart and everything was well over $100. I love her, but I wasn't going to pay that much. Then on the way home Morgan had an idea to try out Tractor Supply. This is what we ended up with...

Do you realize what this is? It's a cat litter box. HAHA! It's the only thing we could find. Poor thing, she has no idea that her bed is what every other cat considers as a "poop box." It works for her. Once again, Morgan said, "She won't get in it." WRONG BUDDY! She got in it and sleeps in it every night. Then I bought this baby girl blanket for her. I wanted something for her to wrap up in when she's in there. Morgan said, "You baby that cat!" Yep, I sure do!!!
While we were at Pets Mart the SPCA had some animals there to buy. Big mistake for me to go look at them. HUGE!!! If it wasn't for Morgan supervising me, I would have walked away with this little playmate for Lillie Bear...
She's soooooo sweet! All the other dogs were barking and she was standing there so sweet. She had been turned in 3 days earlier by her owner because they had too many dogs. As we were walking through Pets Mart I was begging Morgan to get her. I sent this picture to my friend Lydia because she has been looking for puppy dogs for her son. She told me to tell Morgan, "Tell him that you will be saving a life. You are a life saver!!!!" Morgan wasn't falling for it. He said if we didn't have this little puppy dog...

that has quite a few medical bills, we could get her. That dang Lillie Bear!!!! :) Oh well...


1 comment:

  1. What a cute puppy - that's the way Ashley was, she hardly ever barked. I couldn't have asked for a better dog then her, but I'm not ready for another one. KH

    ReplyDelete