Monday, June 1, 2009

Busy Weekend!

This past weekend was sooo busy for me!!! It's funny how I can go weeks without anything planned and then bam, everything is on the same weekend. I didn't even get to go to everything I wanted to because it just wasn't possible. It's funny how life works like that sometimes. I worked Thursday and Friday so I was pretty tired. Work has been insanely, but thankfully, really busy for a while now. Tons of sweet babies being born. That usually means I will be really tired on my day off and will rest, not do too much. Not the case this time. Saturday we celebrated with my parents Mother's Day and Father's Day. This was down in Fort Worth where they live. Then I had to come back home and pick Morgan up and head out dancing in Dallas with a few girls and their men from work. We had a lot of fun. I hadn't been dancing in so long and I love to dance!!! I got a new camera that has a different flash that Morgan is apparently not used to because in alllllllll the pictures his eyes are half shut, ugh! He's going to have to work on that because I am not going to have all of our pictures having his eyes half shut. So here are a few pictures of our night out dancing...



Morgan and me...with his eyes half shut. Bless his heart, he tried but just couldn't keep those suckers open.


This is my girl Lydia and her husband. I love this girl!!! Our birthdays are three days apart so we get a long quite well!!! She is always upbeat and smiling. She's such a positive and fun person to be around. Her hubby's name is Rob. They have been married for 20 years...they got married really young. :) I told Lydia that I hope Morgan and I are still that happy and in love when we've been married for 20 years. You can really tell that they absolutely adore each other. We're planning on going to float the river in late July/August and I am so excited!!!



Lydia...one of my favorite people in this whole wide world!!!





This is my friend, Courtney. This girl can make me laugh alllllll day long!!!!! She is also always happy and in a good mood! I just love her, too! She had her cute cowboy hat on so I stole Morgan's for this picture.


We were trying to get a picture of the four girls but it was a struggle. Rob was just snappin' away, never really waiting for us to pose. But I do love this picture of the four of us. It just sums up our fun night!



On Sunday afternoon I went to Stacey's baby shower. I'm soooooooooooo excited to meet baby Cole!!! Stacey was precious, as always. Stacey and I have the same OB. Our OB told Stacey that she's practically the only patient she has that comes in dressed all cute and stylish while most come in wearing t-shirts. Our OB told me that Stacey is an "edgy" dresser...which she is. Even due in 5 weeks, she dresses stylish and fashionable. I hope I am some what like her when I am pregnant. :)

This is Stacey, Christy, and Me. The three of us try and get together frequently for lunch or pedicures. We, plus Polly and her hubby, are trying to get together for a dinner at Joe T Garcia's in Fort Worth. Sitting out on the patio, sippin' a nice cold beverage with some wonderful friends is a perfect evening for me. I love these girls!!!

A girl we went to high school with made this cake. Stacey's theme for her baby shower was Texas Tech because that's where her and Chad graduated from. It was so cute and Mindy did an excellent job. She also did my bachelorette cake which was fantastic!!! Her cakes are not only cute, but taste so delicious. If you need a cake for an event, contact me and I will hook you up with her. You will not regret it.
This is a picture of my bachelorette cake. We put sparklers in a certain area...hehe...and that's what I blew out. So fun!!!


This was made out of diapers and I love how Cole's name is on it. Some people are so creative!! Our friend Polly did it. Polly also did the invitations for Stacey's baby shower and my bachelorette party. I wish I could post those on here because they are the cutest I have ever seen. She draws them by hand and it's done around a picture of our face. Sooooo cute!!!



After the shower, I went to dinner with some of my other friends. I was tired but I would do anything to see the girls. We've been friends for so long and it's always good to catch up with them. We try to get together every other month and so far, so good!!! We're getting together in July for a couple of our birthdays. I feel so blessed to have all of these girls in my life!!!



Leslie (LC), Eeeesttthhhhhhher (esther), Veronica (VO) and Me (forla)...these are our nicknames for each other.









No comments:

Post a Comment