Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I am fine!!!

Okay, so apparently after yesterday's blog I have some people worried about me. No, I am not about to go jump off a cliff or anything. I was just having one of those days yesterday. It's something that's always in the back of my mind, until yesterday and I just broke down. All is good today. Like my friend Lydia said, we know too much and that scares us. Working in post partum we see everything from the good to the bad. Sometimes I wish I could be oblivious to everything and not have all the knowledge I have to scare myself!!! I worked today and as you know, I love the girls I work with!!!! A girl I work with was saying she doesn't know if she wants children and if she does, it won't be for at least 10 years. The girls who have children were making us smile listing all the things we can do because we don't children like vacations, sleep, etc. Don't get me wrong, I want nothing more than to have a child, but I feel much much much better today. I took care of 6 patients today and all of them were in there 30's. I'd say 90% of our population is over 30. So I took a deep breath and realized that Morgan and I have PLENTY of time to have sweet babies. What's the rush? Don't get me wrong, if my pregnancy test showed 2 pink lines tomorrow I would be the happiest girl on earth. But until then, I will just enjoy my one on one time with Morgan because it is something we will never get back...or at least not for 18 years. hehe! Plus, this will give us more time to continue to save money. Little ones are soooo expensive! It's amazing how much one little person needs and how much a little person can cost. I know, so worth it though and I can't wait for the day until I get to pour my heart and soul into caring for one. So until then, I will enjoy all my time with Morgan, our dinner dates, vacations, our spur of the moment adventures, sleeping in on my days off, and anything else I feel like doing in that moment. :)

1 comment: