Saturday, February 7, 2009

Rodeo!!!

My dad, my brother and me when I was 2 1/2 yrs old before the Rodeo.
My Cowboy and Me!

My wonderful parents!


The grand entry...one of my favorite parts!




Love the racing!




Bull riding...makes me nervous!



Morgan and I were lucky enough to get to spend a few days in Fort Worth this week. Morgan always takes a few days off work for the stock show and especially this part of it, the steer show. He just loves it and soaks it all in. He would wake up and get down there about 8 and come home around 8. Since I have met Morgan, I have a completely different view on the Stock Show. Before I met him, I just wondered around, looking at animals, kind of clueless I guess you could say. Now that I am married to Morgan, I get to go where they are preparing to show the cattle, see what they do, and it's actually very interesting. We watch the cattle shows and he explains to me everything that is going on. We also sometimes watch the sale of the animals, which is the part that breaks my heart. Some of the kids get so attached to these animals because they have raised the animal since birth, preparing it for this exact moment. The kids become attached and when some of them are on the auction block with their animal,s they are crying. It's so sad to me. I am weird and also look at it from the animals perspective. I some how think they know what's going on and that they are actually going to miss their owners, which I know is absolutely absurd. Anyway, Morgan explains to me what's going on at the auction. At first when they would say, "Sold, for four and a quarter." I was like, "What! That steer is only worth $4.25?!" Morgan laughs and explains to me that it is $4.25 per pound and that it will actually bring thousands of dollars. That's how clueless I am. I think I really entertain Morgan sometimes with how little I know. I also think he thoroughly enjoys explaining everything to me, too.

We always like to go to the Rodeo and this year we wanted my parents to go with us. I was so happy they decided to go with us. We always have so much fun with them. My favorite part of the Rodeo is the grand entry. Actually, it's ALL my favorite. I started reading down the list of events and I was like, "Oh, I love that event. I love that event, etc." My mom just started laughing at me because I love the rodeo! Who would've thought, right? The funniest part of the night, which I probably shouldn't admit was when I was saying, "Oh, I want cotton candy. Oh, I want a snow cone." I turned to my mom and said, "I guess I regress to a 2 yr old when I am at the rodeo." My mom's response to that was, "Well as long as you don't turn to me and say 'mommy, i just wet my pants,' like you did when you were 2 yrs old." I busted out laughing. My parents love to tell this story. Apparently, when I was 2 1/2 my parents took my brother and me to the rodeo. They dressed us up in matching button up shirts, wranglers, and boots. I guess I was only semi potty trained because right when the grand entry started, I decided it was time to also pee in my pants. Thankfully, my parents had brought a change of clothes in the car and so my dad took me out and changed me. My parents used to always take us to the rodeo every year and I have always loved it. The picture of my dad, my brother, and me is one of my favorites! It's been many years since I had the chance to go with my parents to the rodeo and I was so happy I had the opportunity this year. Maybe we can start making it a yearly thing again like it was when I was younger. Hopefully, some day Morgan and I will have our own little ones to take to the rodeo and I swear if one of them turns to me and says, "Mommy, I think I just wet my pants," we will all bust out laughing!!!




1 comment:

  1. That's great that you include your parents in your life. It's all too soon and they're gone.

    KH

    ReplyDelete