Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sausage Balls

I know this is not typical blog material...but these are sooooooooo good I had to post it for everyone. Plus it's really easy. The Sunday after Christmas Morgan's ENTIRE family got together and one of his family member's brought these sausage balls. They were so yummy! The best I have ever had!!! Everyone loved them and they went really quick! I had to tell my friend Lydia at work about them and I printed her a recipe. It was funny because patients were walking by and we were talking about them so I had to print them a recipe, too! haha! I've only made them once but it's really easy. It just takes a while to make all of the little balls but thankfully, if you recruit your husband to help, it's not so bad. :) Lydia had a good idea to get a melon ball scooper...or something like that. That's about the size of the sausage ball you need to make.

Do not cook the sausage. It will cook in the oven. I used the Owens Regular Flavor Sausage.
The Velveeta I grated because I didn't want to chop into tiny pieces. I actually added all the ingredients at once, then mixed, and it worked well that way, too.

SAUSAGE BALLS

1lb-hot sausage
16oz-Velveeta cheese
2 cups Bisquick

Mix the sausage and cheese together in a large bowl. Add the Bisquick a little at a time. Once the mixture is mixed well (this is the messy part), shape into balls. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I sent this recipe to Troy and Lesley - they are supposed to be hosting a Super Bowl party and I thought this would be something simple and good.

    KH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley's response was "That recipe sounds kind of gross. I don't like sausage much at all."

    KH

    ReplyDelete