Monday, January 12, 2009

Morgan turns 31!!!

My Wonderful Husband, Morgan!
Such a Stud!!! :)

Our Sweet Moms...the best moms ever!!!



Matt and Morgan...brotherly Love!


I equally hate these two pics of us and couldn't choose...so I put them both up. Note to self...must hit the gym routinely asap!!!

Morgan's birthday is January 10th. He's six months younger than me and doesn't let me ever forget it...haha! The funny thing is, his brother and his wife were born on the same day and so they are exactly 6 years apart. Anyway, so Morgan is now 31 and so we had to celebrate.
For some reason, Morgan slept in until 10. That is completely NOT like him. So we turned on the tv and just watched tv until his brother Matt started banging on our back door. He came over to say good morning and wish Morgan a Happy Birthday. It's so funny to watch the two of them together. They pick on each other and Matt felt the need to start harassing him and flippin' our covers all over the place trying to get us out of bed. Besides Morgan, Matt is the only one who I will let see me in the morning because I have no choice. I am absolutely NOT a pretty sight to see in the morning...glasses, cream on my face, and curly hair does not do well when one sleeps on it. Thankfully, Matt has never said anything about the way I look which I am sure he really has to bite his tongue on that. So Matt stayed over until noon. Before he left he put one of my flip flops in front of the tv and turned it off. That way, if we wanted it back on we had to get out of bed and do it. Our bedroom is in the back of the house and everyone comes to the back door because we can't hear anyone at the front door. When Matt left, he left the door to our backroom/laundry room open, the door to outside propped open, and then the screen door propped open. It was FREEZING that day. I got up to see what the heck he was doing and he was just standing out there laughing...he's a nut! When I see Matt and Morgan together I realize that brothers have this special bond that is VERY hard to break.
After Matt forced us to get out of bed, we decided to go to a movie. Well, actually, I had decided I wanted to go to a movie the day before. Morgan agreed and unfortunately, the movie I have been really wanting to see is Bride Wars...complete chick flick. I told him we didn't have to go see it but he insisted because he knew how bad I wanted to see it. Poor thing, here he is on his birthday sitting in a movie theater watching a chick flick. He actually fell asleep. I've never seen him fall asleep in a movie, but I didn't have the heart to wake him. After all, it was HIS birthday so he could do whatever he wanted.
That evening, Morgan's family and my parents went to dinner to celebrate. Morgan's dad chose Trail Dust, outside of Denton, so my parents could meet us. It was a lot of fun. I had never been there before. It's a steak place and it has a dance floor with a country-type band. Morgan and I country danced and he was sweet to dance with his aunt and his mother. I danced with my father in law. It was really fun when Melissa (my sister in law), Becky (our aunt), and Sandra got out on the dance floor to do line dancing and this other dance. I was so worn out after those two dances. I knew I was out of shape, but that out of shape? I was sweating...ugh! The good thing about Morgan's birthday celebrating this year was that Sandra could dance...his mom. Last year right after Christmas she had double knee replacement...wow!!! I told her she was crazy for doing both at one time, but she did it anyway. She was walking around with a walker and not feeling so great at all! It was so good to see her out there dancing with us.
So, that was Morgan's 31st birthday celebrating events. I had to write about it because we don't have children yet. I see my friends write about their children's birthdays and so I wrote about Morgan...ha! :)



2 comments:

  1. Oh you know that he's just a big kid, so in essence you are writing about your "kid". And there is nothing wrong with that!

    KH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I forgot to wish Morgan a very "Happy belated birthday Morgan".

    KH

    ReplyDelete