Wednesday, October 13, 2010

State Fair 2010

It started off with a bang and ended with a mess!!! Since we get in free and parking is free thanks to Morgan's work, we always go to the fair. This year we took one of my besties, her husband, her son, and one of his friends. This is a friend of mine who pays attention to the important details and so we started the morning off right with mimosas. YUM! Love these, but yet never seem to have one. So that was a nice little treat. We then made it to the fair around 10 am. We had to get there in time in order to experience the fair in its completeness before getting home in time to watch the Cowboys game that afternoon. Considering the Cowboys seem to be royally sucking it up this year, not sure why we cared. Anyway, the big thing to try this year was the Fried Frito Pie. Boy was it delicious. The group seemed to like the Fried Pecan Pie the best, but I loved the frito pie. I also had to have the Fried Butter again. We then walked around, enjoyed some rides, they enjoyed a corny dog, and I grabbed a bag of cotton candy on the way out...a must have for me!!
We then cruise on back to their house and watch the ridiculously high scoring Cowboy game. After I had finished half of my cotton candy bag, I started drinking a Mike's Hard Lemonade drink. HUGE mistake!!! I started to not feel well, but was starving and so we all went out to dinner at a yummy Mexican restaurant. I had another Margarita, but just limited it to one since I wasn't feeling well.
As soon as Morgan and I left their house I took a turn for the worse. My head was killing me and I felt like I needed to throw up. I've seriously maybe have thrown up 5 times in my life, if that many. Well on the way home we have to make this sharp loop to get on 75 and as we were approaching it I was thinking to myself, this is going to do me in!! Sure enough, it did-which I was thankful for. Morgan pulled over in the Kohl's parking lot where I began to hurl and hurl and hurl!!! I haven't been that sick since the day after Cinco de Mayo 2006. I get back in the car and tell Morgan that I didn't know how I was going to make it home. I was sooooo sick!! He told me to hang on and that he'd get me there!! I knew if I could just make it to my bed and pillow I would feel better, but the closer we got to home the more I began to feel like I was having a panic/anxiety attack. (Kinda like the closer you get to home the worse you have to pee.) I could hardly speak, felt like my chest was tight, hard to breathe. I then tell Morgan that I felt like I was having a panic attack. He then says to me, "YOU THINK YOU'RE HAVING A PANIC ATTACK?!?!?" I then told him that him panicking over me possibly having a panic attack wasn't helping!!! I thankfully made it home, into the bathroom, where I began to finish it off. Bless my husband. As I was sitting on the toilet with a trash can in my lap, he quietly got a cold wash cloth (without me having to ask) and put it on my face. He then got a wet towel and washed my legs and feet off. He's the best!!! The next day he said he had never seen me so sick. I'm sure I wasn't a pretty sight!!
So if you ever go to the state fair I highly suggest that you limit your fried food intake and don't mix half a bag of cotton candy with an alcoholic beverage. I did tell my friend that the good thing about being so sick was that those calories didn't count!!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Give Morgan a big hug from me for taking such good care of you!!!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete