Sunday, October 31, 2010

Love Me Some Halloween

I absolutely looove Halloween!! Not sure why?? I think it has a lot to do with the weather. It seems to be the time when the weather is changing to cool, leaves are turning colors, football games, the beginning smells of fire places/campfires, etc. But also, how can you resist those adorable little kids in costumes!! I really wish we lived where we had tons of kids that came knocking on our door saying, "trick-or-treat."

Today I was lucky enough to be cancelled from work. Most people would worry when they got a 5 am phone call, but not us nurses. We know nothing but good news is on the other end! I was especially happy because last night when Morgan realized I was scheduled to work today and said in the saddest voice ever with the saddest face, "But I thought we were going to get to spend the day together tomorrow!" I was bummed, too. Feels like we haven't really had much "Morgan and Laura" time lately and plus, it was Halloween! BUT...I got the day off and we had a great day. Told him that all I wanted to do was go to lunch, go get my first Cinnamon Dulce Latte of the season (I had a Starbucks gift card from a baby shower I went to-I won the "baby" game-shocker, I know.), and then hunt down a pumpkin for us to carve. Well apparently my procrastination almost bit me in the butt this year. I mean, what were we thinking??? Being able to find a pumpkin in McKinney was near impossible. Actually, it was impossible. Saw many in the yards of homes and sitting by the door of businesses that were obviously not being used to their full potential-thus making me really want to be a pumpkin thief-but I didn't. Morgan then remembered a little pumpkin patch in Princeton, thank goodness!! So home we went with our lovely pumpkin! Please excuse the pictures below, totally forgot to put on makeup. :-(


Me with my lovely pumpkin. No Judging! It was the best that us procrastinators could find!!



Seriously, I hate this part!! I hate the slimy mess. I know some people love it, but not me.


This is kind of like torture for me.




Morgan helping me out...no, this is not our house in the background. HAHA! Just a really old, cool lookin' barn.

I have "Pumpkin Wounds." Hard to see, but my fingers were bruised from all the scraping I did.
Time for carving. I drew the face on and then Morgan went to carving it out.


He told me I needed to help, but then he quickly took the knife from me after saying that I scared him with the knife. I obviously wasn't holding it to his liking. ; )

Here's our pumpkin baby...only its mama and its daddy could love this face!!


Sorry, had to put one on here with me looking half way decent after posting those other pics.

And here she is!! Happy Halloween Everyone!!!









2 comments:

  1. How very sweet! That just reminded me of ALL the MANY pumpkins you and your dad carved over the years! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's you WITHOUT makeup!! You look beautiful as always - and your hair looks darker too. You and Morgan make lovely pumpkin babies

    KH

    ReplyDelete