Sunday, October 4, 2009

Recipe for a Happy Marriage

Back before Morgan and I got married, we were blessed to have several wedding showers. I have grown up in a church since I was 5 years old so these lovely ladies know me well. The ladies throwing the shower decided to send out two recipe cards with the shower invites. Isn't that just a fantastic idea? I thought so. There were a lot of ladies there and I got a lot of great recipes that the ladies put in a Recipe Book for me. So today I sent my mom an email telling her that I want her Taco Soup recipe. I know it's really easy. Basically you are just throwing a bunch of ingredients into a pot, but I still need to know what ingredients to throw in. She tells me to look in my Recipe Book that the ladies from church put together for me because she's pretty sure she put the recipe in there. So I open my Recipe Book. The first recipe I see is the BEST recipe!!! Do you want to know what it is? Of course you do!!! :) Here is the first recipe I saw...

RECIPE FOR A HAPPY MARRIAGE

2 heaping portions of love
2 large portions each of kindness and understanding

Stir In: Generous amounts of consideration and thoughtfulness over the years.

Baste Often With: Tenderness and affection to make the mixture sweet.

Should mixture start to boil and angry bubbles appear, turn off heat at once; add more love and understanding and continue cooking.

Ice with happiness. Makes enough to last a lifetime.


Isn't this the best recipe you've ever seen? I love it. I received it from my friend, Holli's, mother. Some day when I get motivated enough, I want to type it out, frame it, and hang it in our kitchen. Hmmm, mom, if you would love to type this up for me, I would greatly appreciate it since I don't have a printer. *wink* *wink*

Hope you're having a blessed, rainy Sunday everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment