Friday, October 9, 2009

Just Call Me...

Martha! Martha Stewart that is!! HaHa! Totally Kidding. But really, here lately I have become borderline obsessed with decorating. We have lived in this house for over a year and just recently I decided to do a little decorating. I mean, don't get me wrong, I have decorations going on in this house, but some things were incomplete. The summer of '08 I decided that it would be a good idea to only decorate 4/5 shelves of our amazing entertainment center that my brother in law made us. I've talked about it in another blog, but Matt built this beautiful entertainment center around a "not so pretty" fireplace. I just can't even explain what a difference it made in this house. Anyway, so I have only decorated 4/5 shelves. Not sure why, possibly because I could never reach the top shelf and I hoped it was too high up there for people's eyes to travel that far up. :) One day I had enough! I was off to Hobby Lobby. This is when a mild addiction to Hobby Lobby began. It's ridiculous. This is my new favorite store!! It has replaced Target. I love how practically everything in the store is always 50% off...or do they mark it up so they can say they are offering a 50% discount? Who knows! Either way, I am addicted. Then a few weeks later, that would be yesterday, I decided that the top shelf above our kitchen cabinets was screaming at me to decorate it. Or maybe I just needed a good excuse to go to Hobby Lobby? So off I went, spent way too much money, and this was one of those days I was thankful that I paid the bills and balanced the check book and not Morgan. I don't like the "grown up" look when it comes to decorating. As I was decorating last night I was wondering if I will ever out grow the stage I am in and have always been in. The stage of "nick knack" decor. Probably not. I love it too much!!! So here are some pics. Trust me, the decor is much more stunning in person...hehe!

This is my kitchen decor, obviously. Wonder what gave it away, could it be the dishes? Anyway, what a difference it has made to our kitchen!!! We added a beautiful "Love" picture to the right that you can't see. It's above the doorway to the living room. We also added three other picture/decor things to the left wall above the stove and refrigerator. I feel like I have a brand new kitchen.


Here's our entertainment center with the top shelf FINALLY decorated. I've had all the other shelves decorated, just not the top shelf and what a difference it made. I was trying to find the signs of "Faith, Hope, Love" that matched but I couldn't. I usually just found two and not three. So I decided to mix it up and do all different style signs and I loved it even more. The cross on the right has "Faith, Hope, & Love" on it so it was perfect. I was so happy to find it because it matched my theme. :)

Another picture just in case one wasn't enough for ya. HAHA!! Sorry, I am feeling a little sarcastic tonight.
I decided to make this a "Random" Blog. Why not? It's my blog. :) This is one of our pics on our entertainment center. It's a pic of a pic, hence the quality. I love these girls!! That was the BEST day of my life so far.


Here's a picture of the boys! They are so handsome. What a beautiful day that was!! Not a cloud in the sky.



My parents came up here to see us and pick up Lillie...thank goodness. We love that little puppy dog so much but my goodness, she has been barking at EVERYTHING lately!! She goes to doggy day care at my in laws when Morgan and I both work and GiGi (my "niece" dog) is living there now for a while. Wondering if she's picking this up for GiGi. Although, I really don't hear GiGi bark that much either. Anyway, it's annoying. So when my dad said that he wanted to get Lillie we didn't decline his offer. So when they got here, Lillie instantly found her place on Grandad's lap...aka...her favorite place to be with her favorite person on earth!! She had to sit on his lap to make sure he didn't go anywhere without her knowing.

Alright, that's all I have for tonight! If you are still reading this blog post, I am amazed! Thank You!!





2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Hobby Lobby too! I got sucked in on Friday and what little bit of money I had! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the mix and match "Love, Hope, Faith" signage - Hobby Lobby is great, they have everything to do a "theme" vignettes. I also love Kirkland’s. Kirkland’s is a little more hit or miss but I love the style. KH

    ReplyDelete