Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day 2009


Normally, my side of the family celebrates Mother's Day the Saturday right before Mother's Day. Due to us getting back from Vegas on that Thursday and then me having to work that Saturday, we are going to celebrate in a couple of weeks. I was sad that I didn't get to see my mom this past weekend because she means the world to me. I could not have asked for a sweeter, more loving, more understanding mom in my life! I love you mom!!! Looking forward to spending a Saturday with you soon in a couple of weeks!

You must know, Sandra is my mother in law. She's probably one of the most fun people you will ever meet in your entire life!!! She's the life of the party and would do anything in the world for us!!! When Sandra picked us up from the airport we were driving home and we were about to pass Chuy's. I have wanted to try Chuy's for so long. It's a Mexican food restaurant that I have heard great things about. She was laughing when she picked us up telling us how she and some lady were in a conversation and Sandra was saying how she needed a couple of margaritas after driving in traffic to pick us up at the airport. Our flight landed at 6:30 on a Thursday...prime time for traffic! Anyway, so we went to Chuy's and bought her dinner and a couple margaritas for being so sweet to take us and pick us up from the airport. Then on the way home we passed MiCocina, which is my favorite restaurant. We took Matt, Morgan's brother, there for his birthday back in April and WOW, that was a FUN night! As we were driving by, Sandra asked if that was the MiCocina we took Matt to for his birthday and I replied, "Yes." She said she wanted to try it sometime. Well I decided that we needed to take her there for Mother's Day. What I was thinking? I don't know. Sandra doesn't drink very often and they have the BEST margaritas!!! They are REALLY strong. We had a great dinner. Sandra drank her margarita and then the rest of my first one. (I only had 2, actually 1 1/2.) Then, she ordered another one, whoo! Where this MiCocina is, there are fake, tin horses that you can get on and take pics. Well, kids can get on and take pics. But Sandra and I thought we should try getting on. I got on but she couldn't. I was laughing soooooo hard. This little girl came up and was trying to tell Sandra how to get on the horse, which cracked me up even more because Sandra's response was, "Thank you, but I have grown up riding horses all my life. I know how to get on a horse." The way she said it was so funny! I have a picture of it but it's of my big ole' booty so I don't want to put it on here. Then on the way home we managed to get in BIG trouble with our husbands. That story I am not going to share here because I might get in big trouble. I have never seen Morgan and his dad THAT mad, ever!!! I was laughing so hard I could hardly breathe...which made Morgan even more mad. Anyway, we made it home safely. Needless to say, Sandra was feelin' it the next day but her words to us as we were driving off were, "This is the BEST Mother's Day Ever!!!" Not sure she still believed that the next morning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment