Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Frozen Cake Really Is Good!!!

This was the top of our cake. My sister in law was cutting up strawberries and found this "triplet" strawberry so we put it on top. It was perfect!



The Friday before we left for Vegas we celebrated our one year anniversary. We included our families because we love them so much. But really, we had this huge cake that had been frozen for a year and all we heard all year long was how they all wanted a piece of it. haha! Plus, without our families we would not be the couple we are today. My parents came up that Friday and we all got together and cooked out. I decided to use our families as my taste testers for a new recipe for hamburgers that I made. It was really yummy. Then we all dove into our cake and it was just as delicious as it was a year ago...seriously!!! We had so many compliments on our wedding cake and I must say, it's the BEST cake you will ever have. I can say this because I am not bragging because I didn't make it. :) I am not a girl that likes "fillings" in cakes. I just wanted the basic white cake with butter cream icing. In case you live in the Fort Worth area and know anyone getting married, it's from Creme de la Creme off of Lancaster near 820. It's a tiny little bakery that does booming business. Sooooo good. Anyway, so we were so happy our families celebrated with us. My, how fast a year can fly by!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your wedding cake was very good - I'm glad it stayed preserved so well.
    KH

    ReplyDelete