Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Layla, oh Layla what have you done?!

As I have mentioned before, we have a cat that has adopted us. We finally agreed upon a name, Layla. Actually, I just named her Layla and Morgan still calls her "the cat." I love the name Layla, but Morgan doesn't really like it for a child's name. That's why I named an animal, Layla. Anyway, Lillie and I have a routine on the days I am not working. Around 5pm, I get Layla's food down from the cabinet. This is when Lillie Bear goes sprinting towards the back door. We always go outside to feed Layla and then come back in and Lillie gets fed. I guess Lillie figures the quicker she gets outside, the quicker she gets back in and gets fed. Well the other day we went out to feed Layla and she was no where to be found. Layla is ALWAYS outside waiting for us. She's usually standing at the back door. I was kind of sad, hoping nothing had happened to her. She's always been a reallllllly sweet cat. Likes to get in the hammock with us and cuddle. Always rubbing on our feet and legs. I called her name a few times and finally gave up and went back inside. Morgan finally comes home and I asked him if he saw Layla when he pulled up and he said he hadn't. We then went to dinner and came back home. Still no Layla. I was sad at this point. So I go inside and start watching TV. Morgan's outside doing something with his truck and he comes back inside and grabs me and pulls me outside. He said, "I think I know why 'the cat' wasn't around to get fed today." I was freaking out and I jerked away from him and said, "If she's dead, I don't want to see it." He starts laughing and forces me to keep walking. I saw her just laying there in the driveway. I jerked away from him again and tears filled my eyes and I said, "Is she dead?" Layla NEVER just lays there when she sees us. Morgan, once again, starts laughing at me. What was the deal? Why was she just laying there? She was guarding the rabbit she killed. No, it was a HEADLESS rabbit. So grossssssssssssssssss!!!! Every time I think I have got this country livin' lifestyle down, something else happens to make me realize I don't. I'm sure she kills a lot of bad things like field mice, snakes, etc. She brought home a huge lizard the other day. I sure hope this isn't going to be a trend for her to bring gifts to our house. Not sure I can handle it. The sad thing is, I have only seen two rabbits around our house. I named them Tom and Jerry. Morgan was laughing trying to guess which one she killed, Tom or Jerry. I didn't find it very funny at all!!! So here's a picture of our adventurous Layla eating her prize...barf!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment