Monday, March 16, 2009

JoBs!

Okay, so I am a little frustrated today. WHY is it so hard for people to do their jobs right? I mean, really! Come on!!! I think I have been experiencing a lot of incompetent people lately and today just finally sent me over the edge. I went to Toyota to get my oil changed which normally only takes 30 minutes on a bad day. An hour later, I am still sitting there. So I get up to only see my car sitting there on the drive. I asked the girl who had been helping me why my car was sitting there, how long had it been sitting there, and why haven't they called me. Normally they call my name, I pay, and then they pull my car around. So God knows how long it had been sitting there. She said she didn't know what had happened, apologized, and told me that she would take $5 off my price, big whoop. But, at least she was making an effort. THEN, she said, "they said your air filter needs to be changed." It was checked on some sheet. I asked her, "Why didn't they tell me this while my car was pulled back like they normally do? What's the point in checking it off on a sheet and then telling me when I am about to walk out the door?" Of course she just stared at me like a deer caught in head lights. I was firm, but never raised my voice. Of course, again, she had no answer. I know people are human and make mistakes, but come on. Some common sense would be nice. I had my debit card out ready to pay and she said there would be no charge today. Which honestly, I would almost rather pay because I wasn't making a scene to get a free oil change. I was making a point so it wouldn't happen to me again or another customer. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I treated my patients like this they would die! What if I just ignored that my patient was bleeding too much or her blood pressure was too high? Would I still have a job or a live patient, NO! Okay, I feel a little better now.

3 comments:

  1. You are very patient that you waited an hour before checking to see what was taking so long.
    KH

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! aww! laura!! i didnt think you could ever get upset..:) well i got my blog started and how do i become your friend?
    brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. of freakin course you can adopt me as your little sisterrr!! :) i would be honored!!! :) and you are right we are related ;)

    ReplyDelete