Sunday, April 11, 2010

Determined!!

After feeling like Morgan has been my "roommate" more than my husband these past couple of weeks due to his work schedule, I was determined to have a fun filled weekend with him. I was tired of us not really doing anything together besides going out to dinner. We do that enough, I wanted to do something else together. I've been wanting to go the Bodies Exhibition down at the West End for a long time and I decided last night was the night. We drove down there late afternoon, walked around, and then went to eat dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe. It was fun walking around downtown Dallas and I was thankful that I had driven down there numerous times to see my friend Stacey to know my way around. After dinner we walked back over to the West End area. There were tons of carriage rides every where. On our way to dinner one of the drivers had asked us if we wanted to ride and we politely declined his offer. He then told us, "Go get a few drinks in you and come back and see me." We laughed....and then did just that. Well Morgan did, I did not. So we made our way back over to the carriage ride area and Morgan offered me the opportunity to ride and I took him up on it. This is the picture of us on the carriage ride, taken by yours truly. ;)

I must say, if you ever get the opportunity to do this, DO IT!!! It was so nice to see the calmer side of Dallas. It didn't hurt that the weather was absolutely perfect last night for a carriage ride.

Today we went to Fort Worth to the Main Street Festivities. I used to go every year and haven't been since before meeting Morgan. Not sure why I love it so much considering I am not really an "Art-sy" type of person, but I love going. So we got up early and headed to Fort Worth with the Lillie Bear. We dropped her off at her "little slice of heaven on earth" and headed downtown. We got there around eleven. We decided to have lunch at Risky's out on the patio because let's face it, they double, if not triple, the prices on food at these kinds of events. I had my favorite...fried corn & some yummy brisket tacos!!! YUM!!!! We walked around and had fun people watching and dog watching because it seemed like everyone had their dogs down there. After that we headed to the Botanical Gardens because we had some time to kill before we went over to Brian & Christy's (my brother and sister in law's) house for dinner. The roses were so pretty and it wasn't too crowded.

After the gardens we went to have dinner with my parents, brother, and sister in law. I'd say my nephew too but he was in the other room playing video games so not sure that he really counts. :) My brother got all of the cooking gene!!!! Brian and Christy cook soooooo good!! Everything they make is delicious!! Let me back up, I CAN cook...I just don't LIKE to cook. It was nice to hang out with my parents, Brian and Christy!! The best part about the night was that I found out that my brother is going to do our kitchen counter tops...woohooo! So that's all for now! I have to go choose a counter top from the hundreds of samples Brian gave me. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend and a partial duplicate of our weekend. We went to the Main Street Arts Festival on Saturday about 11:00 and ate at Risky's. There are so many beautiful pieces of art there. I ended up buying a couple of little glass blue birds, but there were several other items I would love to have purchased if I could afford to. . I really enjoyed the music, yo-yo people and there was another funny little performer dressed as a zebra. I try to go every year as well. KH :)

    ReplyDelete