Thursday, January 7, 2010

Surprises!!

If you tell me a secret, I will keep it. If I have a surprise for you, you can bet I won't tell you...if it's truly a surprise. But PLEASE don't tell me you have a "surprise" for me and then make me wait for it. Don't get me wrong, I love surprises, but only when it's actually happening and I am truly surprised. Also, when it comes to gifts I am HORRIBLE!! I was, am, and will always be a "snooper!!" I'm not ashamed of it and my family knows this. Once I snooped through my parents closet, since that's where I knew they stored our Christmas gifts, found a sweater that I loved. Well I was going to a Nursing/End of Semester party and wanted to wear it. Christmas was only a few days away so it wasn't really THAT big of a deal. HeHe!! Well I wore it to the party. I don't even drink beer, but one of my friends accidentally spilt beer on it. OOPS!! So I came home that night, tried to clean it, and the next morning snuck it back in my parents closet without them ever knowing. That is, until my big mouth ex-fiance started cracking up when I opened it at Christmas and he spilled the beans. Thankfully, my parents have a good sense of humor and didn't get mad at me.

Then this year Morgan told me he was going Christmas shopping for me, but that he was taking my gifts over to his parents to wrap them. So in my mind, they aren't in our house. Out of sight, out of mind. So I am ironing some scrubs for the next day at work in our middle bedroom. Well this is also the same room that we were keeping our Christmas gifts since we didn't have a tree up this year and our living room looks like a storage space. Morgan walks in and says to me, "Don't look in those bags. Your Christmas gifts are in there!!" What?!? Really? Why on EARTH would he tell me this!! I was thinking they were at the in laws but nope, they are 2 feet away from me...in a bag...where I can EASILY snoop!! If he would've never mentioned anything, I would have never noticed them. His last words to me before walking out of the house were, "Now don't go snooping!!!!!" Ummm, have you met your wife? Do you know her at all? Apparently he doesn't!! As soon as I heard his truck pull away, I immediately went to snooping and found out what 90% of my gifts were right away. I know! I know!!! This is HORRIBLE!!!! But I have never unwrapped a gift and re wrapped it like my husband has done. Yeah, totally just threw him under the bus!! So Christmas Eve we open gifts and I knew all of them, so I thought. He had actually hid my perfume where I couldn't find it. :) Should I be admitting to all of this? Probably not. So if you ever have a surprise or gift for me, please don't tell me unless you are giving it to me RIGHT THEN!!! Otherwise, I just might drive you crazy trying to figure it out. I am known to do this by asking a million questions, shaking the gifts, and you better bet if it's in a bag...I will be SNOOPING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment