Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Super Cute Chicks...Now Super Big Chicks!!

Side Note: If you want to see what these chickens looked like at a couple of days old, scroll on down a little further.

Tonight after dinner I said to Morgan, "Let's go look at those chickens. I haven't seen them in a while and would like to see how big they are." So we drove over to the in laws clueless to what we were walking into. Davin, our nephew, is showing these chickens this coming Friday so my brother in law, Matt, and sister in law, Melissa, were washing these big 'ole chickens!! Good grief they got big FAST!! Take a look...

Davin and Melissa both did some washing. These poor chickens did not enjoy it one bit, but then again I wouldn't either if I was them.
This picture cracks me up. Nothing like a wet chicken. This is kind of the "behind the scenes" of raising chickens. Absolutely NO CLUE this much effort went into raising them and getting them ready to show. Poor thang!! He's looking at me like, "Really? This is my life?!? Sitting on a dryer while some woman is holding me down while another is blowing me with a hair dryer? This so CAN'T be normal!!"

Are you wondering how many Airhart men it takes to weigh a chicken? Apparently three, haha! This isn't the most accurate way to do it, but their scale froze up so they used mine. Love how Matt is holding this chicken directly over my father in law so if it pooped, it was going right on him! Should've seen the little evil grin Matt was giving me. ;) And why is the man who can't hardly see reading the scale?!?

Even GiGi loves the chickens. Almost too much I do believe because I did see her licking her lips quite often.
So that was our night. Always something new to learn out here and NEVER, and I mean NEVER, a dull moment at this house!! I can't help but wonder if that's going to be Morgan and me in 13 years when our child is old enough to raise chickens. If so, I will just have to recruit Matt and Melissa to help me out in this area of raising our child because I am on the clueless side when it comes to farm animals.




No comments:

Post a Comment