Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hammock & Happiness

Who ever invented the hammock is a genius! I finally fell in love with a hammock when we were in Jamaica. We had one on our balcony. Morgan and I would lay there together and it was so cozy. We would listen to the birds and people watch. It was so nice. I told Morgan that when we got back to America we were getting ourselves one. Well...11 months later we finally got one. Since we live out in the country and have a pretty big yard I decided that it was finally time to get a hammock. Morgan and I were at Lowe's looking at Hammocks and I didn't even think they would cost as much as they do. Morgan insisted that all we needed was the actual hammock because we already had places in our yard for two hammocks. Well I didn't believe him so I refused to spend that much on a hammock. When we got home I was kicking myself and was so mad at myself. There sits two posts by our garden, under pretty shade trees, a perfect spot for a hammock. Then out closer to our house was another spot for a hammock. I was so mad at myself. You would think by now I would learn to listen to my smart man, but I didn't. So there I was with no hammock. A week later we went back to Lowe's and got us a hammock. We came home and put it up, which was quite entertaining. Morgan didn't realize how tight you have to hang a hammock. It looked pretty high off the ground to us. He told me to go ahead and try it out. In retrospect, I should have made HIM try out HIS work. So I go to get in it and fall straight to the ground on my back because it wasn't tight enough. We were both laughing so hard he could hardly help me up off the ground. The second time he got it right. We both climbed in and just loved it so much. I think every couple needs to buy a hammock. It's a well worth expense to spend time with your significant other. Yes, we can spend time inside. But, there is just something about being out in nature away from the phone, TV, computer and listening to the birds chirp that makes it so worth it. We have a sweet cat that adopted us. She some how lost part of her tail, her right collar bone sticks out, not threw the skin, but out of place, but she's the sweetest thing. She lays there with us and it's so peaceful. Morgan and I keep trying to come up with a name for her. Morgan calls her Bob because of her tail. But she is a GIRL so I refuse to call her that. So now we just refer to her as "the cat." Real original, I know. I also like to go lay in the hammock and read my book and now I can't wait until the lightening bugs start coming out. We have soooo many out here in the country, it's beautiful. I've never seen anything like it in the city. Anyway, so everyone go get a hammock. You will love it, I promise!!!

3 comments:

  1. You could call her "Bobbie"
    KH

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know, that's what i said to morgan but he doesn't like it. i think i'll just start doing it anyway and he'll eventually adapt to it. it's the sweetest cat i've ever seen. it sleeps on our back porch. i just can't bring myself to let it in the house because really, my parents will KILL me since they already take care of my other cat, bianca. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good girl - leave it outside
    KH

    ReplyDelete