Saturday, February 27, 2010

Blind Date, Oysters, and Such...

I'm just in the mood to blog about something tonight and nothings really happened so you get this to read for you entertainment. I also realize as I type this that I don't want my friends to think that anytime they do something with me, they end up on my blog page, haha! I do PLENTY of stuff that doesn't end up here so no worries friends.

On to my story, I've come to realize that I really suck at setting people up on blind dates. Like MAJORLY suck at hooking people up. I'll just say this is only my second time and it failed just as miserably as my first attempt. Actually, I realize this was more of Morgan's doing and even though I was anti it, I went along anyway. One of my closest friends, Lydia, and her husband, Rob, have a really good friend that I have met on a couple of occasions named Henry (changing names to protect identity, lol). This friend of theirs was at their Super Bowl Party so Morgan got to meet him. Morgan had the idea of setting up a girl he works with named Leslie (changing names to protect identity, lol). Actually, she reminded me soooooo much of my REAL friend named Leslie it was like they were twins separated at birth. So this "Leslie" agreed to the blind date. "Henry" agreed to the blind date, too. Originally we were going to go eat at Pappadeux's and then go dancing. We were down off the Tollway earlier that week looking for another restaurant when we passed Pappadeux's and I thought Morgan was going to have a wreck he was so excited to see it. Never knew he liked Pappadeux's that much. Well Lydia and I were talking and I found out that she LOVES Pappadeux's too. ( I must say, Lydia and Morgan are so much a like it's crazy!! Maybe that's why they are two of my favorite people!!) Anyway, so the plan was set that we were going to Pappadeux's and then dancing. Well thank goodness Rob was equally as tired as I was and so we decided that we'd all just go eat and then come back to Rob and Lydia's house to play games. We played MadGab...which I must brag on myself and say I am AWESOME at!! Not sure that's a good thing and that my brain functions that fast in that way. We then switched to CatchPhrase which was tons of fun!! Are you still wondering how the date went? Disastrous!! Okay, maybe that's a little too strong of a word, but the second they met I knew it was a BUST!!!! We all still managed to have fun, mainly because you can't help but have fun when you're with Rob and Lydia. Anyway, so after that night, I REFUSE to set up anymore blind dates. Even though Morgan and I were the product of a little blind date-match making, I just can't be responsible for this anymore!! So here's a few pictures of the night. I realize that most who read my blog don't have a facebook...where I post most of my pics...so here they are for the rest of the world...

Morgan and I before we hit the town!! :)

Disgusting Oysters!!! Morgan ate a dozen of these all on his own. A few of us at the table had never had them. Well I was sitting next to Lydia so I was the first casualty to these AWFUL things. She fixed me one up, in the mouth it went, and then it almost met my napkin after that. I managed to get it down but I seriously thought I was going to vomit. I don't do textures well. After the others watched my reaction to this oyster, they all refused to try one...oops!! There were 8 of us that went and only 3 people ate 24 oysters...the thought of this makes me want to hurl right now.


My sweet friend Lydia!!! She's such a huge support to me!!


Sweet Rob and Lydia...now this is how you take a cute picture.


This is how NOT to take a cute picture, haha! Gotta Love that cowboy!!! He just doesn't know how to act when I get him out of the country and into the city. :) Totally kidding Morgan!! Glad to know you have a fun personality.




No comments:

Post a Comment