Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008!!!




This year, Christmas was a bit of an experience...
We celebrated Christmas Eve with his dad's side of the family like always. It was a lot of fun. We did Chinese Gifts this year and that was an experience in itself, but fun. All of us couples ended up ganging up on each other to get what we wanted...haha! I was scheduled to work Christmas Day but several of us got the day off...which was a true blessing...and so we spent Christmas with Morgan's mother's side of the family. They all came up from Fort Worth and we had sooooo much fun!!! It all started when Morgan had a football and told me to "go long" to run and catch it. Well, Angie, who is Morgan's cousin and also a track star in college, jumped out there before I could even register what he said to me and she caught the ball. Well that was it, a football game began and it was tons of fun, but I will NEVER and I mean NEVER do that again!!! The next couple of days I was in EXTREME pain, to say the least. It hurt worse than any of the two surgeries I have had!!! I am not being exagerant when I say this, I could hardly walk the next day. We were going to my parents that Friday to celebrate Christmas and I was a complete mess. I couldn't dress myself or anything. To make matters a million times worse, Lillie was sick with mainly vomiting. She vomited allllll the way to Fort Worth. So, here I am in the back seat with Lillie trying to comfort her while in EXTREME pain myself!!! We got to my parents house and out walked my mom to say HI and I just started crying...let me just say I am not one to usually cry!!!!!! I was a mess! But, thankfully I have the best, supportive, loving husband who could handle all of this and took it all in stride. Morgan has got to be one of the most patient men I know! Christmas with my parents got interrupted with us having to take Lillie to the vet, which thankfully Dr Morris worked his magic and a few pretty dollars later, she was all better. So, to you mom and dad, we love you so much and am sooo sorrrrry that our Christmas was celebrated with a few bumps. We promise that next year will be much better, it has to be!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a bummer for your parents. Next year ya ought to have both families all get together, split Christmas' kinda suck.

    KH

    ReplyDelete