Monday, January 31, 2011

Layla's Slightly Spoiled

This weekend I was down visiting my parents and my dad was informing me about how the weather was going to take a turn towards the worst this week-tomorrow to be exact. We were talking about Layla, our outside cat. For an outside-barn-country cat, she's become slightly spoiled. Layla gets fed at the same time every day and still has her little bed on our back porch. We change her towels out that are in her bed when they get cold or wet. So my dad and I were discussing the concern we have for her when the temperatures drop to the teens with the wind chill factor around 0 degrees. I told my dad that I wouldn't mind putting Layla in our back laundry/junk room, but how would she go to the bathroom? It's not like it is with Lillie where we let her outside, tell her to do her business, she does, and then comes right back in. Layla would be like, "Huh??? I don't' understand. I'm a cat, not a DOG!" So my dad made Layla a litter box and sent it home with me. Well I brought it home and was telling Morgan all of this. The weather always seems to be worse out here than in the city. The roads can be semi-okay in the city, but hit our 5 mile country road and you better pray, cross your fingers, drive super slow, drive with both hands (yes, this is not the norm for me), and hope you make it to your house while driving on this curvy, one lane country road. Remember when it snowed a few weeks ago? Well...this was our house 5 days later...


while Plano, Frisco, Fort Worth, etc snow had melted, we still had a winter wonderland to deal with. It was sooooo bizarre. Anyway, so tonight it was time to grab Layla and bring her inside. Morgan said she was probably already in the barn. I opened the back door and was like, "Nope, she's right here!" So I scooped her up, loved on her, and put her in the backroom. I then turned off the light and left her alone. Well Morgan then tells me how she's an outside cat and asked me something about haven't I ever seen on TV how cats tear up rooms??? And, he informed me she will most likely start crying. So after a little while I decided that maybe I should check on Layla to make sure she hasn't torn anything up and this is what I saw...

yeah, she's really sad and out of control in there!!! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment