Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hooptie Blue...You give me the Blues!!

I have a whole new appreciation for my Honda Accord! WOW! As thankful I am that my car is fixed, this is what I was STUCK in the past few days...

HOOPTIE BLUE-I named it this because it felt like I was riding in a big ole box and it was blue. No, this is not the actual picture of the rental car.


No offense to anyone who drives this or a minivan. This car is like a mini minivan. Even has the sliding doors to go with it. UGH!!! Kill me now!! One of my besties said, "It's kinda cute." As I'm dying of humiliation. I offered to switch and drive her Lexus until my car was fixed and she could drive this, but funny how she didn't take me up on it, lol. Today when I got in my car I litterally hugged the stearing wheel. Back on the day I got this car as a rental I practically begged the guy for another car, but he said this was all they had. Actually, he offered me the silver one sitting right next to it and in hindsight I should've taken him up on it because it had Misouri license plates. That way if anyone thought they saw me out on the roads in this car they would think to themselves, "No, that couldn't have been Laura. She's not from Misouri." I still don't believe him, but I wasn't going to argue considering it was free to me. Rental cars could at least come with tinted windows to help us save some dignity. After a few hours, I discovered that it has the type of engine where you can switch it to where it's like a manual, but without the clutch. Jackpot! This was the only thing that made this car tolerable. Boy was I hot ridin' around, lookin' like a bullet shootin' down 121. LOL! The thought of this makes me laugh. Anyway, it is a "nice" car if you like the feel of a minivan and the engine is nice...just not my style. So in a strange weird way I am kind of glad I was stuck in this car for a few days because it gave me a great new appreciation for my Honda...something that I might not of had without this lovely experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment