Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Big Green Tractor

Recently, the farming boy in my life got a new John Deere Tractor. So this past Saturday I helped him bail some hay. Yes, I helped him. He actually let me sit behind the wheel and make bails of hay-the best looking ones in the field if I do say so myself. HaHa! Totally Kidding! Seemed like the bailer acted up with me behind the wheel more than it did with Morgan, but my sweet husband never complained once. Regardless of how many times he had to jump out of the tractor and fix whatever was wrong. Let me say, I have no clue how the farmers did this before ac, a radio, and glass protecting them from all of the hay flying around. UGH!!! Thank goodness I was born a woman!! A city-girl at that!! I must say though, I LOVE the way a huge field looks with tons of bails of hay. I think this field bailed 350. This was my view for 6 hours this past Saturday and the time actually flew by.

When I got to the field with Morgan I was informed by my father in law that Morgan spent $400 for this little passenger seat to be installed for me so I better get my a$$ up there and ride with him-said with LoVe, of course. Although it does beat standing, it does make one's booty a little sore.


As Morgan was attending to the bailer, I snapped this pic of me as proof that I was actually out there with him. Sorry about the nastyness of this picture!!! Also, I've realized after being with him for 4 years now, I still am not sure how to spell bailer...is it bailer, baler, or neither???




2 comments:

  1. Too funny - I loved this post
    KH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story. You are truly such a city girl, but you are transitioning into a real country girl now. Remember though, there's country in your background. I grew up on a farm and the tractor I used to drive was one of those you mentioned -- no AC, no radio, and no glass shield!! Mom

    ReplyDelete